China, officially the People’s Republic of China (PRC), is a unitary sovereign state in East Asia and the world’s most populous country, with a population of around 1.404 billion situated in East Asia whose vast landscape encompasses grassland, desert, mountains, lakes, rivers and more than 14,000 km of coastline. China is now one of the fastest growing destinations for international students studying medicine in the world. In order to guarantee a high-quality and standardized educational experience for international students, the Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) first published the ‘Interim Provisions for Quality Control Standards in Undergraduate Medical Education’ in English for international students in 2007. It is now reviewed and published annually. It lists the 49 medical schools which have been authorized by the Chinese government to accept international MBBS students. Institutions that are not listed are not permitted to enroll international students for undergraduate clinical medical programs in English.
GDP per capital- 8,123.18 USD (2016)
Literacy Percent- 100%
WHY STUDY IN CHINA?
- The 49 approved medical schools are public universities under the supervision of the Chinese Government. This listing means that graduates are eligible to attend national medical screening tests such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, PLAB, HPCSA, SCHS, etc.
- Graduate with a globally recognize medical degree.
- China’s medical universities are ranked among the top 500 universities in the world.
- Easy getting admission to a top medical university.
- Living costs and tuition are considerably lower approx 70% cheaper than US or UK in China
- Immersing yourself into an international studying environment.
- Plenty of quality hospitals for internship.
- Colorful and fulfilling campus life.
- Study in a society with excellent public security.
- Explore the long-standing history and profound culture.